Calling creative storytellers in brands and agencies! You know you have a brilliant and creative ad promoted on YouTube, and you know that you have what it takes to win an award at the first-ever Philippine YouTube Ads Awards. We know you’ve got what it takes too, so to give you a head start, keep in mind these important details that you need to be able to join:
To be eligible for the competition, jot these down as a checklist.
- You must be representative of a company whose business address is located in the Philippines
- The company you represent must be involved in the creation or ideation of an official YouTube ad aired for a brand or company
- Representatives must be 18 years old and above, and not affiliated with Google or have relatives affiliated with Google.
- The YouTube ad campaign/s to be cited in the entry have must have run for any period of time between January 1, 2017 to January 15, 2018.
What you need
- A completely filled-up official submission form (it’s only seven questions, so it can be filled in no time!)
- A link to the official YouTube ad campaign being submitted
- Agreement (just by clicking a button!) to the Terms and Conditions within the entry form
- Always double check your submission forms. Details must be COMPLETE and CORRECT.
- We highly encourage that you submit multiple entries, after all the number of entries you may submit is UNLIMITED.
- Submitting an entry is free of charge!
There are 17 categories where you can submit entries. Take a close look at each of them and carefully consider which categories to join as there are a handful that are unique to YouTube Ads Awards!
10 out of 17 categories are industry-related, and the remaining 7 categories are related to storytelling and YouTube ad formats.
- Food and Beverage (Ad must be for a company in the food and beverage industry.)
- Health and Nutrition (Ad must be for a company in the health and nutrition industry. This includes pharmaceutical products.)
- Beauty and Personal Care (Ad must be for a company that has products and services in the beauty or personal care industry.)
- Financial Institutions and Services (Ad must be for products or services from financial institutions.)
- Retail and Restaurants (Ad must be for a company in the retail and restaurant industry. This includes fast-food chains.)
- Technology, E-commerce, and Telco (Ad must be for products or services of a company in the technology, eCommerce or telco industry.)
- Travel, Transport, Automotive, and Leisure (Ad must be for products or services of a company in the travel, transport, automotive or leisure industry.)
- Media and Publications (Ad must be for a company in the media and publication industry.)
- Corporate Image and Public Sector (Ad must be for corporate image or the public sector.)
- Charities and Non-Profit (Ad must be for charitable institution or non-profit organization.)
- Multi-video Storytelling (Ads in this category should have campaigns that tell stories across multiple videos.)
- Best in 5-seconds Intro (An ad in this category will be judged based its first 5 seconds.)
- Long-form Storytelling (Ads in this category must have a running time of more than 60 seconds.)
- 6-second Storytelling (Ads in this category is for bumper ads, a YouTube-specific ad format that allows storytelling in 6 seconds.)
- Storytelling for Occasions (Ads in this category should be in line with specific occasions relevant to Filipinos: Christmas, New Year, Mother's Day, etc.)
- Format Innovation (Ads in this category must have used YouTube as an ads platform in a way that's different from the usual. Examples include Director Mix/Vogon, 360 video, virtual reality, animation, interactive film, etc.)
- Effectiveness (Ads in this category should have proven impact in business results.)
Criteria for Judging:
The judges are looking for creative storytelling in YouTube ads – this is the heart of the YouTube Ads Awards! Be guided by these criteria when entering your work:
- Does the entry have a strong story that elicits emotion?
- Is the story universal; can people easily relate to it?
- Do the first 5 seconds have a strong hook that encourages a full view?
- Is it unique in its approach, style, perspective, etc?
- Is it visually rich; does it maximize the power of sight and motion?
- Does it maximize the power of sound to embellish the story?
- Does it leverage substantial personalities/creators in its storytelling?
- Element of surprise: Does it have an unexpected turn?
- Does the entry encourage unique-to-YouTube interactivity with viewers?
- Was it able to tell the brand story conversationally with the viewers?
- Does the entry compel the viewer to share or talk about it?
Don’t be late! Deadline of entries is on February 28, 2018.
What are you waiting for? Submit your stories and ads
For more information, go to http://g.co/YTAdsAwardsPH!