New York, NY — The Clio Awards, the premier international awards competition for the creative business, today announced the 150 members of the 2019 jury, who will select the winners of the 60th annual Clio Awards. The 50% female and 50% male juror pool represents 28 countries, including Germany, China, Mexico, Canada, India, Switzerland and Brazil.
The list of jury members from Asia consists of:
- Alice Chou, Chief Creative Officer, Dentsu Taiwan, Taiwan
- Jax Jung, Creative Director, Cheil Worldwide, Seoul
- Valerie Madon, Regional Chief Creative Officer and Chairwoman, Havas Singapore, Singapore
- Sheena Jeng, Chief Creative Officer, McCann China, Shanghai
- Anuwat Nitipanont, Chief Creative Officer, BBDO Bangkok, Bangkok
- Merlee Cruz-Jayme, Chairmom / Chief Creative Officer, Dentsu Jayme Syfu, Makati
- Reed Collins, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy Asia, Hong Kong
- Aki Mizutani, Director/Editor, Cutters Studio, Tokyo
- Kainaz Karmakar, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy Mumbai, Mumbai
The Clios are known for a democratic approach to recognizing creative excellence and an immersive experiential judging process, taking place in an inspiring new location around the globe each year. The 2019 jury will convene in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for spirited deliberations that will ultimately determine which entries will earn the coveted Grand, Gold, Silver and Bronze Clio statues. Each jury is tasked with evaluating the execution of submissions within their medium based solely on the creativity and originality of the work.
This year, the Clio Awards introduces its first Film Technique: Copywriting jury, comprised of creatives that contributed to some of the world’s most recognizable campaigns. The 2019 program also features updated categories in Design and Public Relations mediums to reflect the evolution of those industries.
“We’ve come a long way since Clio started bringing together world industry leaders to celebrate creativity six decades ago,” said Nicole Purcell, President, Clio. “We’re so proud to reflect the evolution of our business with this year’s jury, an extraordinary group of representatives from diverse nations, genders, ages and creative fields.”
The 60th annual Clio Award winners will be honored on September 25, 2019 at The Manhattan Center in New York City. For more detailed information, submission deadlines and to enter work, visit www.clios.com/awards.
To view the members of each Clio jury, visit:
- Audio & Audio Technique Jury
- Brand Jury
- Branded Entertainment & Content Jury
- Design Jury
- Digital/Mobile & Social Media Jury
- Direct & Experiential/Events Jury
- Film Jury
- Film Technique: Animation & Visual Effects Jury
- Film Technique: Copywriting Jury
- Film Technique: Direction & Cinematography Jury
- Film Technique: Editing Jury
- Film Technique: Music & Sound Design Jury
- Print & Out of Home Jury
- Public Relations Jury
About The Clio Awards
Founded in 1959 to celebrate creative excellence in advertising, the Clio Awards today honors the work and talent at the forefront of the advertising, sports, fashion, music, entertainment, and health care industries. Clio recognizes the world’s most innovative work annually at Clio Sports in June; the Clio Awards in September, which includes Clio Fashion & Beauty and Clio Music; at the Clio Entertainment Awards in November; and online with Clio Health.