SINGAPORE - WARC, the international authority on advertising and media effectiveness, has launched the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2018, a search for the best strategic ideas from Asia's marketing industry.
Now in its eighth year, this case study competition focusing on strategic thinking is free to enter and is open to clients and agencies in any marketing discipline. There is a $10,000 Prize fund for the top winning papers that best showcase Asia's smartest marketing campaigns, highlighting breakthrough ideas from across the region.
Lucy Aitken, WARC's case study editor says: "We want to reward strategic thinking that helps clients solve real-life problems and provides a base for future growth. The jury will be looking for case studies that show a link between the strategies and the results of the marketing activity."
The top entries will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. The Grand Prix for the best overall paper will receive $5,000 and five Special Awards, awarded at the judges' discretion, will each be presented with $1,000 in recognition of specific areas of excellence:
The Category Disrupter Award for the best example of a brand that has successfully broken with category conventions.
The Early Adopter Award for the best example of a brand using a new innovation, emerging tech or platform.
The Local Hero Award for the best example of a challenger Asian brand using a smart marketing strategy to take on bigger competitors.
The Customer Journey Award for the best example of a brand creating a compelling path to purchase.
The Research Excellence Award for the best use of research in the development of strategic ideas.
Shekar Khosla, Chief Commercial Officer of Kellogg's Asia Pacific and Africa, will chair the jury. He advises entrants: "Humbly pull forward an inspiring future by courageously pushing back on assumptions of the past."
The first judges joining Shekar on the jury, which include senior marketers and strategy experts, are:
- Richard Bleasdale, Managing Partner, Asia Pacific, The Observatory International
- Eileen Borromeo, Planning Director, McCann Worldgroup Philippines
- Vincent Digonnet, CEO, MullenLowe Group APAC
- Upasana Dua, Head of Strategic Planning, Y&R Indonesia Group Companies
- Piotr Jakubowski, CMO, GO-JEK Indonesia
- Joanne Lao, CEO, TBWA\Greater China
- Lin Liu, Head of Strategy & Planning, Isobar China
- Sook Ping Chow, Managing Director, R/GA Shanghai
- Sindhuja Rai, Director of Media & Digital, Mondelēz Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa
- Ida Siow, Head of Planning, JWT Singapore and Southeast Asia
- Nathanit Tantanapornkul, Head of Strategic Planning, Publicis Thailand